01 November 2014

An Autumnal Glow

As I have said before countless times highlighter is one of my favorite steps in my make up routine! It makes such a difference and gives a natural radiance that just makes you look so healthy and like you are literally "glowing".  I have shown a few of my favorite highlighters before but now I want to focus on ones that are more appropriate for the autumn/winter months. Especially with the holidays right around the corner I definitely think a good highlighter is a must!






(from left to right. ELF shimmering facial whip in "Lilac Petal", Essence powder in "Flower Power", VS highlighter in "Striking", Benefit's "Watt's Up".)

1. Starting off with the one I have been wearing the most this past month is Essence multi color powder in "Flower Power". This was limited edition some time ago which really makes me upset as I love it so much! It's such a lovely everyday highlight that adds just a touch of sheen (but not too much!). Sometimes I will use this as my powder all over my face and I really love the way it looks (plus I usually get compliments on my skin when i wear it like that;). PLEASE let me know if you know of any dupes/similar colors to this!! 

2. Next up is Victoria Secret's Luminous cheek and face highlighter in "Striking". I got this during the semi annual sale. This is very much like Watt's Up only a bit warmer and less sheeny. I love the warmth and color this gives my cheeks! Looks very autumnal and I think this is a great shade for all skin tones! :)

3. Benefit's "Watt's Up". Of course, one of my favorites! I can't believe I still only have the mini of this! This is the perfect color when you're in a rush as it blends in so easily and you don't really have to fuss around with it! Overall one of my all time fav beauty products!

4. ELF shimmering facial whip in "Lilac Petal". This is surprisingly very nice! For only $1.00 this is one of the best drugstore highlighters I've come across! I love that it is considered a "whip". I really love the texture of this stuff and it lasts all day! This particular color is stunning btw!

And those are my top picks for a healthy glow this autumn/winter!
Hope you all enjoyed this post!

xx
Abby


Share:

No comments

© Tutus & Pearls | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Crafted by pipdig