12 April 2016

Current Favorites

It's been quite some time since my last favorites post so I thought it was about time I share the little things that have been brining me joy in last couple of months. 

I've got some beauty, skincare, and lifestyle bits so there's a little bit of everything. Keep reading to see what's currently on my radar of things that catch my fancy.



Skincare:
Origins GinZing Energy Boosting Moisturizer-I talked about this a bit in this post so I won't babble for too long. After using it for a month it's safe to say I'm in love. It is the perfect morning moisturizer for this time of year. It gives so much hydration and keeps my skin from looking dull throughout the day.

Alaffia Coconut Eye Cream-I've been wanting to get my hands on this for a while. I use a lot of Alaffia skincare products. They're a really great brand, and I can trust that I'm not putting anything too harmful on my skin. This is a really affordable eye cream (about $8) and it does a really great job at hydrating my under eyes and reducing redness. I use it twice daily and my eyes are very grateful ;).

Beauty:
Tarte Lights, Camera, Flashes Mascara-Another product I'm sure I've talked about before. I've been super lazy with makeup recently. On a daily basis I mainly just fill in my eyebrows and pop a bit of mascara on. This is the perfect mascara for that as it adds so much length and separation that I feel I don't need to put anything more on my eyes. I love the minimal look currently, and this mascara helps to add a bit more umph to my everyday look.

Zum Mist in "Sea Salt"- Again, another product I talked about recently here. This has been my go-to scent lately. I get so many compliments on it as well. In fact most people say it is the perfect scent for me as it just sums me up. I take it as a compliment as it is a very nice fresh, beachy scent. It's also very affordable at just  $8 so I don't have to feel guilty about drenching myself in it. 

Lifestyle:
Warby Parker Glasses-I treated myself to a new pair of glasses this month. Of course I wanted to see what the fuss was about Warby Parker. I did their "try at home" little ordeal and I was pleasantly surprised about how easy it was to do. I chose 5 pairs of glasses to try out. They arrived at my door within 5 days. After a week I sent them back (right out of my own mailbox) and went to place my order of my chosen glasses. All I had to do was take a picture of my prescription and upload it with my order. They cost $95 with free shipping. I thought that was really reasonable as my last pair cost $300 when everything was said and done. My glasses arrived within a week! I went for the "Barnett" style. The shape is perfect for my smaller face and the color is really complimentary to my complexion and hair color. I honestly couldn't be happier with my experience with them (and I'm not paid to say that. They have no idea who I am). Big thumbs up from me!

The Fortune Hunter by Daisy Goodwin-I shared a photo of this book on my instagram saying it was my favorite book I read in 2016 so far, and it definitely was! The book is based in the late 1800's and has a very Downton Abbey feel about it. The writer really makes you fall in love with all the characters and the writing it so beautifully done. I couldn't put it down and finished it within 3 days (and it's a pretty thick book!). I really want to read "The American Heiress" by her as well as I know that it was she is most known for. 

Electric Youth-I've been pretty fussy with my music lately so for some reason I just keep going back to Electric Youth. They're the perfect background music for working and creating. All their songs seam together so beautifully and I never get tired or sick of their sound. Put them on shuffle some time. You'll thank me later ;).

Arrested Developement-I finished watching this with my mom this month. I honestly am so sad it's over! I really love the cast and am going to miss Tobias and Buster the most! I really wasn't happy with the last season though. It never actually "finished" and a lot of story lines were left hanging. It's still well worth a watch though. It had me cry-laughing at some points (which is rare for me)!

Snapchat-I've had a personal snapchat for a few months now but it's only been recently that I have become obsessed! I love how instant and raw it is. My siblings and I always share the weirdest things with each other throughout the day and it is so much fun. I will never get tired of playing around with the filters! I've never taken so many selfies before in my life and I'm not even mad about it! If you've been on the fence about Snapchat as I have just try it. It takes a bit to get used to, but after you get the hang of it you won't regret it! :)


And those are all the things I'm currently coveting. I'm always up for new recommendations though (especially music and netflix shows) so leave some of your favorites in the comments!


post signature
Share:

No comments

© Tutus & Pearls | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Crafted by pipdig