11 November 2015

My A/W Lip Picks

I'm not one to wear a lot of products on my lips (I can hardly stand lip balm), but come the autumn/winter time I am all for the darker berry, nude pink, and lighter red lips. I like to play up my red hair with darker colors be that with clothing, eyeshadow or my lip color. This time of year just suits me better ;). 

Keep reading for my favorite autumn/winter lip colors! 



  1.  Benefit Benebalm. The perfect (and only) red lip color for me! Being a pale redhead I find most red lip colors tend to wash me out, or totally clash with my complexion. This adds the perfect red tint as well as adding lots of moisture to keep chapped lips at bay! 
  2. Bite Beauty lipgloss in "Strawberry". Although the name is quite summery I think this is the perfect shade of pink for this time of year. Once applied to the lips it fades into a beautiful rose blush color that looks gorgeous on all skin tones. I love that Bite products are all natural as I don't have to worry about wearing them on my lips for longer periods of time.
  3. Buxom lipstick in "Menace". This is my "wild" color. It's a beautiful cranberry color that can be worn quite sheer or builded up to more of a statement. Paired with simpler makeup and winged liner this color looks stellar! 
  4. Nars satin lip pencil "Rikugien(?)". This is my go-to mauve/pink! It can be worn with any makeup, and is perfect for throwing into your handbag as it's pretty fail safe to apply. The lasting power is great, and I love that it still provides a bit of moisture and doesn't dry out my lips. 
  5. Tarte lipsurgence in "Moody". Another gorgeous berry shade. I love this one as when it is first applied it's quite sheer but after a second application it turns into a lovely wine color. It's perfect for dinner parties as it doesn't fade into a weird color/smear all over the place. 
  6. Fresh lip balm in "Berry". Last but not least and definitely my most worn out of all of these. This lip balm is the balm! (pun intended! ;). It adds the perfect tint of an autumnal touch but can also be built up to the most lovely sheer, berry shade. It is super moisturizing which makes it a handbag essential for me this season! Also, this happens to be the one I get the most compliments on! hehe ;).

And there you have it! My autumn/winter lip picks for this year. It's been a while since I've done a beauty post and I have to say I really enjoyed it! Let me know if you would be interested in more beauty posts from me! :)



post signature
Share:

No comments

© Tutus & Pearls | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Crafted by pipdig