07 May 2015

My Natural Approach To Skincare

I think this is like my first skincare post ever. I've always taken good care of my skin but I don't feel like I have any right to say what's right or wrong on the subject as I have been very blessed with pretty good skin (minus eczema). I have gone on and on about what coconut oil has done for my skin and eczema so I won't bore you with that again but I do want to share my opinion on this skincare brand which I have been wanting to try for what feels like years!



Alaffia Everyday Coconut is a skin care brand offering skin, hair, and body care products. All of their products are vegan, unrefined, gluten free, fair trade, no parabens, no animal testing, biodegradable, and no synthetic fragrances. They have a really big range or products priced at a considerable cost. 

When it comes to skincare I have always had the more natural approach. I hate the thought of putting any harsh chemicals in or on my body in anyway. I don't even wear much makeup anymore as I have been reading too many awful things about what it can do to your skin/body long term. So whilst I was perusing our local health food shop(?) with my mom I thought it was about time I indulged myself and tried a few things from this brand. I picked up the Coconut Face Wash, Coconut Water Toner, and the Coconut Night Time Replenishing Face Cream.

First off the Face Wash-At first use it was definitely different than your average face wash. It's more liquidy and has a darker tone. I take a couple of pumps and throughly wash/massage my face for about 1 minute.  It leaves my face feeling clean and fresh without stripping it or causing any irritation.
Rate 9/10

The Toner-I'll be honest, I've never used a toner before. lol. But I've always loved the thought of one so I thought I'd give this a go! I spray this on my face after I get out of the shower. It's really refreshing, smells nice, and makes my skin feel a little more hydrated and glowy.
Rate 9/10

The Face Cream-Okay so this stuff is a dream!! I put a pump of this on my skin after I let the toner dry. I give myself a mini facial/neck massage every night with this. It's soo moisturizing and creamy, and it also smells divine! It skins right into my skin without feeling too heavy and I wake up in the morning with soft, hydrated skin!
Rate 10/10

Overall I am very impressed with these products and definitely will repurchase in the future! Next I want to try some of their hair products! ;) Let me know if you've tried this brand or of any other natural skincare brands that you recommend! :)
post signature
Share:

No comments

© Tutus & Pearls | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Crafted by pipdig