25 February 2015

Smoothie Love | Tropical Berry

I love smoothies, like seriously love smoothies! I have at least one a day. They're such a great way to get lots of nutrients into your body while still tasting amazing! Plus it's like an art form! I love getting creative in the kitchen and coming up with new recipes/combinations. And then the toppings, don't get me started! I could spend all my money on "super foods". Everything from goji berries, cacao, hemp seeds, maca, etc. I love it all! A smoothie bowl is my ideal meal and if I could I would eat them for breakfast, lunch, and dinner ;). I had this little combination today after my crossfit workout and it was too good not to share!




Tropical Berry smoothie:

Ingredients 
-1/2 cup of tropical frozen fruit (pineapple, mango, strawberry, and peach)
-1/2 cup frozen raspberries
-1/4 cup frozen blueberries
-1 tbsp flax seed
-a couple pepitas (pumpkin seeds) to top. (Not pictured)
-blend with water


This tastes so good and is really refreshing after a hard workout! The flax seed is an amazing source of fiber, and the pumpkin seeds add a unexpected salty kick which is actually amazing! I made mine a little thicker in consistency so I could eat it with a spoon but you can make it whichever way you prefer! Let me know if you try it out! 


I am going to be posting a lot more health and fitness related posts. That's where my passion is and is it what I want to pursue as a career. Hope you all don't mind!


Share:

No comments

© Tutus & Pearls | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Crafted by pipdig