07 June 2016

Opening a new shop+A Little Pep Talk

Today I am sharing a fun project I have been working on for the past couple of days. I've been meaning to do this for a while so it's nice to finally see it come to life.

A while ago I read about creating ways to bring income passively. It's something that really made sense to me and I knew I wanted to try it myself. 

While I work very hard for the money I make (and am extremely proud of my little business), it's still hard to live a day to day life without feeling a little scared about the inconsistent income. I by no means am expecting to make tons of money doing what I do, but as a side job it can be very helpful for my own security. 

So whilst I still search for another part time job I am still pursuing my love for art, design, and working as much as I can from home. Whether it be by selling on etsy, my own website, or creating YouTube content I've learned that I really enjoy working for myself regardless if the pay is good or not. I never feel like I'm actually working (even though it can be very hard work.). 

So today I am sharing that I have recently opened a Society6 shop (link here). I've put up a couple of designs available as phone cases, throw pillows, mugs, etc. I only get a small amount of the earnings but I figured I should still try anyway. I want to start getting my work out there not only through "OhSoFawn" but just myself as an artist. I need to take more credit for the work I do. I'm sick of hiding behind my brand instead of owning up to myself as a creator. It's time I push myself to see if this is something I'll want to continue to do. I'm not afraid of failing, but I am terrified of not trying. 



This post was not to encourage any of you to purchase anything. I'm simply just sharing my work because I am proud of it. It's about time I give myself the credit I deserve. If anything what I want you to take from this post is to pursue your dreams. Start that new project you've been thinking of. Go to that class you've been talking about. Apply for your dream job. Give yourself all the opportunities your deserve!  


post signature
Share:

No comments

© Tutus & Pearls | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Crafted by pipdig