24 May 2016

A Big Book Haul

My payday is usually spent on food, workout clothes, and books. I know what I like and I don't often stray away from my "necessities".  

But really, there is no better comfort than knowing I have a big stack of books to get through. I hate having that mini panic attack that always arises as I finish a book with nothing else lined up for me to indulge in. 

Last week on payday I took my little self to the Goodwill bookstore and Barnes & Noble. I took my time, read the back of practically every book, and made some wise decisions if I do say so myself. Keep reading to see what books caught my fancy. I'm soo excited to finish all of these! 



First of all, I obviously needed to pick the last book of The Selection Series, "The Crown". I also added the paper back version of "The Heir" as I didn't own this one (I borrowed it from my sister in-law in a time of desperation).  I already re-read The Heir and am almost finished with The Crown. I don't know what it is about these books but they really capture my heart for some reason. I think it's because I've been reading this series from the beginning. I went through some of my biggest stages of growth whilst reading these so it is nice to finish them off years later with so much more knowledge and maturity. These books, much like The Hunger Games, will always hold a special place in my heart.


There were a few classics on my list as well so I always go to Goodwill for those. They usually have a really great selection, and you really can't beat the price. I picked up "The Catcher in The Rye" and "Catch 22". I've been meaning to read these for a while. I already read The Catcher in The Rye and I can say it is the best coming of age book I've ever read. The writing is incredible. It hasn't aged at all. 

I also picked up "The Book Thief". After seeing the movie (over a year ago now) I've been dying to read the book. I'm really pumped to finally be able to read it! A couple more YA novels I picked up were "The Absolutely True Life of a Part-Time Indian" and "Eleanor & Park". I've heard really good things from both books. These will be perfect beach/vacation reads. 

Another book that I picked up but isn't pictured is "Euphoria" by Lily King. I've already finished it so it will be in my next round of book reviews.  It's set in 1931 and it's about 3 anthropologists who study tribes in New Guinea. I really enjoyed this book a lot. It was quite intoxicating. 

The last few books are some real gems that I cannot wait to start. "Snow Flower and The Secret Fan" is supposed to be amazing, I just might have to read that one next. I'm also looking forward to reading "A Novel of Zelda Fitzgerald",  I've heard nothing but good things of this book. The last book I have for this haul is "The Vacationers" by Emma Straub. Another perfect summer read. 


I'm so excited to get through all of these! Please let me know if you've read any of these before. Also leave any other book recommendations in the comments. I can never have too many books ;).

post signature
Share:

No comments

© Tutus & Pearls | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Crafted by pipdig