09 March 2016

My Favorite Art Supplies

As a mid week post I thought it would be fun to share my favorite art supplies! I know I love reading these type of posts and learning about new art supplies from my favorite illustrators so hopefully you will too!

I am in no means an expert when it comes to art supplies (mainly because I can't afford too many expensive choices) but I do have a little experience in choosing my favorites and I'm pretty happy with my choices at the moment. 

So if you're looking for some new supplies or were wondering what I use on a daily basis you came to the right post! :)

Paper:
I tend to not be too picky when it comes to paper mainly because I hate spending money on it. When I know I have a special project in mind I'll buy the good stuff, but on a daily basis I use either my sketchbooks (by Fabriano and Moleskin) or my Strathmore Mixed Media paper. 

Pencils:
For sketching I just use pencils by Artists Loft. Again I'm just not very picky with my sketching pencils. For colored pencils on the other hand I adore my Prismacolors. They're a little more expensive but totally worth it!

Pens:
I tend to be a little more caring about the pens I use. For doodling I really enjoy the American Crafts Precision Pens as they are affordable and come in a pack with multiple tip sizes. I also always have a Sharpie Fine Tip pen on hand. For line art I either use my Pentel Sign pen or my Prismacolor Brush Tip Marker. My favorite of all these is probably the Pentel Sign pen as it's so easy to work with and hardly ever bleeds!

Brushes:
Brushes are probably the art supply that I have the least knowledge of. I have a brush by Sapphire that I really enjoy for small details and then I use my Aqua brush for watercolors. I really need to expand my collection of brushes though. It really holds me back from experimenting with my paints.

Markers:
I think we all know I'm going to say Copics. They are seriously my #1 favorite art supply! They are so easy to work with (once you get the hang of them) and the color selection is endless! If you have never tried Copics before I really recommend them! I bought a set of 36 from Amazon to start my collection and then I always get them at Michaels when they are buy one get one 50% off! 

Watercolors:
I'm kind of ashamed to admit that I've never tried any higher quality watercolors. I guess I spend that money on Copics instead (oops). I currently am using a set from Artists Loft and seems to be doing a fine job for me at the moment. I will eventually get a set from Windsor and Newton (maybe for my birthday ;)).  

And there you have it. My favorite art supplies. Please do let me know if you would like more art related posts from me. It is something I really enjoy talking about. Also if you have any brush recommendations please leave them in the comments! :) 
post signature
Share:

No comments

© Tutus & Pearls | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Crafted by pipdig